Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's FALL!

Today, I realized it was fall. I stepped outside to take Oliver for a bathroom run (He prefers to call it a constitutional visit) and realized I needed my jacket. Not in a "I'm a little chilly and should probably grab a sweater" way, but the way of Beth "It's below 60 degrees and if I don't wear a coat I WILL DIE." Somehow it snuck up on me, not that I haven't been watching for it. I mean, I've made apple butter and apple sauce already, and even a few go-arounds at hearty soups and other fall-y stuff. But still, it managed to sneak up on me, and now my wonderful husband's birthday is tomorrow. Mine, 11 days from tomorrow. Big stuff for a woman who got snuck up upon. :)

Oliver's been taking to chasing the acorns that blow down our parking lot, as I've been attempting to knit while taking him out. There, another sign of Fall! (the chasing acorns part, not the part where I'm attempting to knit and walk at the same time.) I love this time of year... pumpkins are popping up everywhere, mums are blooming in full swing, and apple cider is plentiful. At any rate, I"m not resentful that I got snuck up on... just a little miffed at myself for not being so organized.

So, to my husband, who frequently sneaks up on me, and always gives me a reason to smile: Happy birthday, sweetheart. I'm so glad that our birthdays are both in the fall. Just one more reason to celebrate all that we've been through. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment